Mike Petrasek (Bedlem) (Last name pronounced Peh-TRAW-seck)
- I absolutely love horror films; favorites include Cannibal Holocaust, Zombi, Day of the Dead, Original Universal (Frankenstein, Creature, etc.)
- I have drawn my entire life and like to keep it a secret. I’ll occasionally put an image or two on my Instagram
- I adore reading. Favorite book…. Tie between “The Number Devil” or “Nothing in This Book Is True, But It's Exactly How Things Are”
- I went to college for 2 years just so I could learn more about religion; it fascinates me like a car crash on the side of the highway fascinates on-lookers
- I collect records and have no record player
- Fuck the Facts – Unnamed
- All around amazing band; her voice will rip your face off. Shame the song is less than 2 minutes long
- Botch – C Thomas Howell as The Soul Man
- This song showcases everything Botch had to offer. Underrated band.
- Dillinger Escape Plan – Sunshine the Werewolf
- Not much needs to be said; amazing energy and song
- Converge – Lonewolves
- It’s tough to pick just 1 song by them. Anything by them I enjoy.
- Daughters – Providence By Gaslight
- Highly recommend this band to anyone. Their sound has evolved so much and it’s awesome!
- BONUS! ANYTHING Iron Maiden (except the Blaze era). They are a religion in my household (one of my brother’s name is Eddie).
5 Music Videos
- Pig Destroyer – The Diplomat
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6dycCqqZS0 The use of color in this video is what makes it. It’s shot in a way that’s easy to follow the storyline. And Pig Destroyer kick ass! All a recipe for a good video!
- Paradise Lost – Faith Divides Us Death Unites Us
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BONcpuDcrc This song is a great song. The video, however, gives me chills. The actress shows an emotion that cuts you. Creepy vibe with the hair cutting.
- Paula Abdul - Opposites Attract
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xweiQukBM_k I will always love this video! It’s a classic and a first of its kind. I would watch MTV just to see this video as a kid.
- Staind – Mudshovel
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuAC9YIC2Bs Keeping with nostalgia, I chose this song strictly because this was my heavy depression era as a teenager. I would stay up until 3 am and watch VH1 After dark (or whatever it was called) and watch all these Nu-Metal acts. At the time, they spoke to me in a way no one else could.
- Sam Smith – Leave Your Lover
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=182TRJq9Zt8 It is not a secret; I love Sam Smith’s voice! It’s haunting as it is powerful. Coupled with a very powerful video that has a twist ending (waaaaaaa, Sam was singing to the guy!). Kudos to him for coming out this way. I’m sure it inspired a lot of people and that’s what makes him a true artist.
Fav Food Before and After Show:
Protein enriched. Singing, screaming and jumping around…. couldn’t do it after downing something greasy. Now after the show, bring on the grease.
I don’t have any bands/songs that I’m ashamed of. I love all music. I will say, however, whenever emo music comes on, I will belt out the words at full volume with no shame!